It’s finally Turkey Day!!
Are you ready? Or are you dreading it?
I, my friend, am looking forward to it. And as I’m sitting in my living room waiting for the rest of my clan to get their hind ends in gear so we can head over to “the gathering”, my mind is swirling with all of God’s graces that I will enjoy today:
28. Seeing family that I don’t get to see very often
29. Sharing stories that are told over and over again
30. Laughing at each other – Oops! I mean laughing with each other!
31. Remembering those family members who are no longer with us and maybe even shedding a few tears
32. Enjoying a feast and filling our bellies with the comfort foods of the holiday
33. Listening to the craziness of a full house, taking in all the chaos and loving every minute
34. Gathering in the living room to watch “A Christmas Story” for the umpteenth time while waiting for the food coma to subside
35. Comfort, love, happiness, security, and all the fuzzies of being with family and friends
No matter where you are today, no matter your circumstances, it is my prayer that you will have a
Joyous Thanksgiving Day!
And remember, the Journey to Joy begins with giving Thanks!