If there’s one thing we’ve learned during this pandemic, it’s who truly is essential in our lives –
Doctors, nurses, medical technicians and staff, farmers, grocers, shelf stockers, delivery service drivers, truck drivers, gas station clerks, teachers, pharmacists, bankers, law enforcement.
And let’s not forget the cleaning crews, the food preparers, the maintenance teams, utility companies, and mail carriers!
These people are true heroes and each one has worked tirelessly and sacrificially to keep our world spinning, to give us a sense of security and to provide us with a little bit of normalcy in these crazy times.
Yep, we have some amazing people in this world and they definitely aren’t who we once thought they were. And right about now, I’m sure they need some encouragement. They need to know their efforts are appreciated. They need to know what a difference they are making. They could just use a few SMILES.
Cue you and me!
It’s time for the rest of us, those who are benefiting from the work of our world’s unsung heroes, to show our appreciation.
How? Here are a few ideas:
1. Donate to organizations that are providing meals for our tired heroes.
2. Be respectful to our grocers and store owners by doing your part to keep places clean – wear your gloves and masks, wipe down your cart after you use it.
3. Tip your food delivery drivers the best that you can. Imagine the stress and anxiety these drivers must be feeling delivering to all of us strangers!
4. Tell a teacher how grateful you are for their dedication to educating the next generation of world leaders.
5. Just say, “Thank you!” – to everyone who helps you. Acknowledge what they do for you and share some words of encouragement. Sometimes, a simple “Thank you” is all that is necessary to bring a SMILE to someone’s face.
We have so much for which to be grateful! Express your appreciation today and continue the movement to