Reason to SMILE #299: THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
Look at this! I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. All can I can say is “WOW!”
Thank you, Gail, of gaillovesgod, for thinking of me. I am honored and I was blessed by your words of encouragement that came with the nomination:
May this put a smile on your face, as you do mine and His all the time.
I certainly am SMILING but not only because of the award. It makes my heart soar to know that my daily posts are being used by God to encourage others. My SMILES are spreading! 😉
Here are the Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs and ask 11 new questions for them.
4. Finally, list the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in the post.
No. 1 was easy. What an encouragement Gail is to me through her blog and her uplifting comments on my posts. I need to be thanking her daily!
Now on to No. 2. My answers to Gail’s questions are:
1. How are you doing?
Honestly, I’m a little down. This week, I had to tell my kids at church that my last day as their children’s minister is this Sunday. I’m really going to miss these kids but I know I am following the Lord’s direction. It’s tough and I’m pretty bummed.
2. How are you and Jesus getting along? (It’s okay to be honest)
Jesus and I are talking more and more. I am leaning on Him for so much and trusting my Good Shepherd to lead me where he wants me to be.
3. What did you last blog about?
My last SMILE post was about breakfast! Yummy, yummy!
4. What season is it where you live?
We finally have Fall weather in southwest Georgia! Yay!
5. What encourages you to be positive?
The promises of God always remind me that He holds me in the palm of His hand. He has a plan for me and He is working for my good. Believing this makes it difficult not to be positive.
6. Do you know someone waiting to be nominated?
I’m sure there are many bloggers out there who could use the encouragement that these awards bring.
7. What do you like to do on the weekend?
I love to relax, sit outside with my husband while he grills and binge watch The Flash or Once Upon a Time on Netflix.
8. What’s your favorite song right now?
“What a Beautiful Name” by Hillsong Worship and “Even If” by MercyMe both resonate within my soul right now. My all time favorite is an oldie – “Joy Comes in the Morning” by the Gaither. That’s good singing right there!!
9. Have you ever read the entire Bible?
Yes, but for me, it takes a lot of discipline.
10. How do you feel to know you make others smile? (anyone I nominated makes me smile! and God!)
Well, it makes me SMILE! Seriously, I’m cheesin’!! 😉
11. Do you know how much God loves you? Because He does!
Yes, Yes! His love for me – and for everyone – is immeasurable!
Whew! This is a lot of work! Oh, but here comes the good part. Step No. 3 allows me to nominate 11 more recipients of the Sunshine Blogger Award. I get to pass the SMILE on to others! So, get out your catcher’s mitt, there’s a SMILE coming your way.
- Rae of Real as the Streets
- Dr. Andrea Dinardo of Thriving Under Pressure
- Carolyn of BeautyBeyondBones
- Jeff Rab of RabBits
- Romy at savedandblessedblog
- Brandi of Brandi’s World
- Christina Embree at reFocus
- Rotimi Elijah at Inspire Me
- Apostle Gabriel Cross at Pure Glory
- Ndifreke Efiok Akpan at Kip Walkin
- Jon & Hayley at Red Letters
I know some of you may not want to participate and that’s perfectly okay. Just know that you inspire and encourage me and so many others. You make me SMILE and that’s good stuff! 🙂
If you do decide to join in, here are the 11 questions I have for you:
- Why did you begin blogging?
- Who inspires you?
- What are your methods for overcoming writer’s block?
- Are you a published writer?
- Do you aspire to be a published writer?
- When was the last time you were truly happy?
- Do you have a favorite childhood memory? What is it?
- What is one of your goals in life?
- If you could have a conversation with any celebrity (dead or alive), who would it be?
- What’s your favorite ice cream? (Ha! I don’t know why just knowing your answers will make me SMILE. 🙂 )
- What would you like to be your legacy?
Let’s see. I believe I’ve completed all of the steps. Yep, my award acceptance is complete but I have to give one more great big shout out to Gail. THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING SMILE. Boy, did I ever need it.
Okay, nominees. It’s your turn. Keep the SMILE going!